Celebration is in the air, and an essential element to every party is the PERFECT music. Graduation is a mix of a million emotions, and we’ve got a playlist of the 20 best graduation songs to carry you through each one of them. I’ve hand selected the perfect mix, including some old, some new, a little bit of pop, a sprinkle of country, a dash of rock, & of course some hip hop. Make a playlist out of these, and your Grad Party soundtrack is ready to go!
- Vitamin C, “Graduation” (Friends Forever) : Doesn’t matter if you’re graduating this year, or if you graduated 20 years ago, this one tugs at the heart strings.
- Queen, “We Are The Champions” : Come on, you knew this one was going to be close to the top of the list.
- “My Wish” Rascal Flats : I’ve listened to this one about 1,000 times, and it still gets me!
- “Firework” “Katy Perry : Gotta scream it from the top of your lungs!!
- “The Adventure of a Lifetime” Coldplay: Good vibes all around with this one.
- Miley Cyrus, “The Climb” :Sing it Miley! Oh, how we love Ms. Cyrus from her, “Hannah Montana” days.
- Bill Withers, “Lean on Me” :If you are blessed, some of the people you walk across that graduation stage with, will still be walking next to you through your next milestones moments.
- Boyz to Men, “End of the Road” : This one takes me straight back to being 18.
- American Authors, “Best Day of My Life” : Try not to smile while this plays, IMPOSSIBLE!
10. Beyonce’, “I Was Here” : It wouldn’t be a party playlist without something from Queen B.! Gives me the chills every time.
- The Rembrandts, “I’ll Be There For You” : It’s more than the, “Friends” theme song. It’s a super sweet graduation track!
- Pharrell Williams, “Happy” : Why wouldn’t this be on every party playlist?
- Lee Ann Womack, “I Hope You Dance” : If the mama’s of graduates don’t cry on this one, you may need to check their pulse.
- Baz Luhrmann – “Everybody’s Free To Wear Sunscreen” : This one may be new to you, but it is a long time favorite of mine, and I think you’ll like it.
- Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth – “See You Again” Bittersweet melody, let it inspire you to be present with those you hold dear.
- Andy Grammar, “Back Home” : Always remember your roots!
- The Beatles – “With A Little Help From My Friends” LIVE : Gotta have some classics.
- Nicki Minaj – “Moment 4 Life”: Dance break! Jam out to this one!
- Kenny Chesney – “Don’t Blink” : Absorb the message here, and you will be a step ahead of the game.
- Katy Perry- “Roar” Yeah, she has two songs on the list, it had to be that way.
Dear ones, enjoy this time in your life. I hope these songs resonate with you, and stir emotions that cause you to fully be present, and soak up every moment of this monumental time in your life. Congratulations!